Vegetarian Family

A Peek @ Food We Eat & Things We Do!

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

**Tofu, Corn & Hash Browns

From time to time, I will guest appear in this section. I'm the tofu expert around here, Vicki doesn't care much for tofu. I like organic by the brand "Nasoya" but you gotta use what you can find. Slice the tofu into pieces the size of decks of cards and cook in unsalted butter (about 2 tbsp.) turning once or twice. Add your favorite sauce (about 1 ounce) about half-way through the process. The finished tofu should be golden brown, crisp on the outside, and soft and "poached" texture inside. My favorite way to serve this kind of tofu is with rice and sliced peaches on top. But, lacking peaches, I went with hash browns (used 1 tbsp. unsalted butter on the dehydrated cheap kind); corn and a few pickle slices rounded out the final product. By Art

1 Comments:

Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

Resident tofu expert...among other dishes...I can't wait for the tamales and chile rellenos to come around again.

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home