Vegetarian Family

A Peek @ Food We Eat & Things We Do!

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

****Blueberry Muffin Breakfast

Using basic ingredients, I made this delicious breakfast with the help of my 3 year old daughter. We began by making the Jiffy blueberry muffin batter using Silk Soymilk and adding some frozen, organic blueberries. I poured the batter into the muffin tins and put those in the oven. We then got the bacon ready (microwave what you need for 20 seconds & then follow their directions) and put it in the oven when the muffins had 10 minutes left to cook -- this made our timing perfect. I was a little naughty and put some left over frosting from our cupcakes on the muffins and topped with some of the organic blueberries. This was a hit at our house -- my husband smelled the muffins and it brought him around. My picky eater loved it and kept asking for more. There were no left-overs on this one. Added bonus! Blueberries are supposed to be really good for you...I found this 3lb. bag of organic frozen blueberries by Cascadian Farm at Costco.

Read: If You Give A Moose A Muffin by Laura Joffe Numeroff
Listen: "Muffin Man" #5 on WE ALL LIVE TOGETHER, Vol. 2 by Greg & Steve

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That sounds like a good recipe, but just to warn you: I got to your entry by typing in Jiffy muffin mix because I was researching its lard content. Lard is pig fat, so be careful to read ingredients in the vegan journey. I am coming across lots of "ingredient surprises."

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home