Vegetarian Family

A Peek @ Food We Eat & Things We Do!

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Midweek Munchies

We were ready for a big shop this week -- so I grabbed all of our shopping bags, lollypops & sippy cups for the girls, and headed to Winco Foods & The Co-op. This is what we bought:

FRESH PRODUCE
Bananas
Broccoli
Fuji Apples
Sweet Potatoes
Green Grapes
Red Radishes
Green Onion
Red Garnet Yams
Orange Peppers
Sugar Snap Peas
Butternut Squash
Red Potatoes
Cabbage
Edamame

SNACKS & SUCH
Classic Black Bread
Taco Shells
Almonds
Gen Soy "Soy Crisps"
Sunflower Nuts
Whole Cashews
Lemon Perrier
Organic Black Beans
Organic Blackeyed Peas

OTHER
Tofu Pups
Morning Star: Chik'n Nuggets, Corn Dogs, Chik Patties
Smart Ground (Taco/Burrito)
Yves "Veggie Ham"

PICTURED ITEMS (that I'm excited about!)
--- Koyo Ramen w/organic noodles "Asian Vegetable" & "Garlic Pepper" (One of these will replace "Top Ramen" in my upcoming salad post)
--- Putumayo Kids Presents: French Playground CD (Liv is totally into French these days)


MidWeek Munchies Hosted by HARMONIA

7 Comments:

Blogger Harmonia said...

http://www.kame.com/products.html

Here's the link for the Kame Seaweed Crackers...they have other flavors as well...Seaweed are the only ones I've tried so far.

I answered more on my blog.

What are your hopes for the Black Eyed Peas?

We both got Radishes! Cool!

Great list!

5:47 AM  
Blogger Catherine Weber said...

I was wondering about your black-eyed peas, too . . .

I used to love black-eyed peas. Until I ate some for lunch right before I got a migraine . . . the peas came back up, and I haven't been able to eat them (with tomato and okra and cornbread) since. Ugh! I hate food aversions! I'd love a new way to prepare them that doesn't remind me of having a migraine. :)

8:09 PM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

Black-eyed peas: Gotta have them on hand for when Art gets his collard greens craving.

10:44 PM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

Catherine: ooh, that's too bad. same type of thing happened with me and grape bubble bath...giving my daughter a bath right before I began a horrible bout with stomach flu or something similarly nasty. No more grape bubble bath for me.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Catherine Weber said...

fake grape smells nasty anyway!

4:28 PM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

I completely agree, Catherine, and I feel pretty confident that I can go the rest of my life w/o missing Goofy Grape bubblebath! Instead, we reach for the "Silly Strawberry" & "Wacky Watermellon". Funny how all this bath (& puke) talk doubles appropriatly for a food blog! LOL! :o)

6:31 PM  
Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Oo those organic ramen noodles are so good in stir fries too! (go figure) : ) I have them as a back up lunch at work..I like the garlic pepper best..they're a little plain but a bit of soy sauce does the trick.

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home