Vegetarian Family

A Peek @ Food We Eat & Things We Do!

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Crazy Quilt

I call this my "quilting masterpiece" -- it's a quilt that I made from vintage neckties. I had been collecting neckties for a while and had an idea to make a quilt...I didn't have a plan or example, so I just made it up as I went along. It took me 2 months to complete working on it nightly for several hours. I had to take my sewing machine in for repairs and broke numerous needles in the process because the neckties were so heavy duty. This is king size and weighs 40 pounds. From some of the scraps, I made two purses pictured here and here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dori said...

You quilt.... I am taking a beginner sewing class right now, but only because the state requires it for FCS certification.

Love the tie idea.

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home