Vegetarian Family

A Peek @ Food We Eat & Things We Do!

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Spicy Mandarin Chickpeas

We didn't like this dish. Art wouldn't eat more than one micro-bite, while I ate my entire remekin containing not more than 8 total chickpeas -- vowing to try it again the next day after the ingredients had blended. Well, I couldn't bring myself to try SMC again and threw it out. Arrrgh, I hate doing that! Honestly, I'm not really that surprised since the recipe is basically just opening some cans and mixing it together. But it was worth a try because I love garbanzos and it'd be nice to have a new way to enjoy them. I don't remember where I got this recipe -- if you recognize it comment to me.

SPICY MANDARIN CHICKPEAS

Two 19-ounce cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
Two 10.5-ounce cans mandarin oranges, drained
1/4 cup strawberry jam
2 Tablespoons spicy brown mustard
1/2 teaspoon cayenne

Heat all the ingredients in a medium-size pot over medium heat for 10 minutes. Serve over a bed of rice.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was gross. Art

9:50 PM  
Blogger Everyday Superhero said...

That's too bad. It sucks preparing something and then having to throw it out because it didn't taste good. The recipe seems so easy but I guess sometimes you have to be sceptic of recipes like that.

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home