Vegetarian Family

A Peek @ Food We Eat & Things We Do!

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Midweek Munchies





I grabbed my canvas shopping bag and headed to the
Co-op for some midweek munchies:

1. Silk Chocolate Soymilk
2. Nasoya Organic Tofu (firm)
3. Island Teriyaki by Soy Vay (to marinate the tofu)
4. Smart Ground by Lightlife
5. Tofu Pups also by Lightlife
6. Organic dried blueberries
7. Adams no-stir Peanut Butter
8. Quorn Chicken-style Tenders
9. Peanut Noodles by A Taste of Thai
10. A Bunch of Carrots
11. Pink Lady Apples
12. Orange Bell Peppers
13. Lemons
14. Tomatoes
15.
Grapes
16.
Hand of Bananas
17. Carton of Habanero Peppers (to make jelly)
18.
Annie's Honey Bunny Grahams
19.
Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup by Pacific

Midweek Munchies hosted by Harmonia


6 Comments:

Blogger Harmonia said...

Pink Lady Apples! I had them last week! They were FAB!

I answered the Groat Question in comments on my blog.

:)

Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup by Pacific - I used to eat alot...I loved it in fact. But it has dairy in it correct? Now that I am trying to cut dairy out I haven't had it in months!

LOVE the pic!!! Great list!

Are any of these items a first time for you (to buy and try?)

12:55 PM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

yes, you're right, there's organic reduced fat milk in the soup...good for you cutting it out..I'm having a hard time saying no! Not many first time items for me here -- just the taste of thai & annie's cookies -- guess I went for comfort food this week. Next week, I'll try to be more adventuresome! Gotta LOVE those pink ladies! LOL!

6:11 PM  
Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

<3 Soy Vay! I like to do a chinese marinade stir fry every few months myself. This is also the second Midweek Munchies post this week with those Annie's bunnies..I really want to try them.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Harmonia said...

Well, I sure am trying to cut dairy but I goofed again today.

Ek!

Glad you got your comments back!

:)

9:57 AM  
Blogger Flo @ Yielded Heart said...

Hi, Vicki!
Pink Lady apples seem to be the popular item this week. I'll probably try it if I could get past my "only gala comfort zone".
Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm not ignoring the comments, just haven't been in the computer all day. It's weird, I had what seemed like a flu all day, but after some good music and rooibos tea, it just went away!

7:34 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Mmmm...Chocolate Silk...::drool::

Thanks for typing all of that info up about flax-very informative!

Oh, and I loved the movie Crash. It's sad, but real. That's pretty sweet it won an Oscar and all! :)

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home