Vegetarian Family

A Peek @ Food We Eat & Things We Do!

Sunday, March 05, 2006

***Smart Potato Tacos

These tacos were easy to make and my family enjoyed them -- even my husband who usually doesn't care for hard-shell tacos. The ingredients included: mashed potatoes, smart ground, corn taco shells, cheese, avacados, tomatoes, lettuce, and grapes on the side. I used the left-over mashed potatoes from last night's dinner which made the prepartation for the meal simple. Next time, I'll try it vegan by using shredded cheddar-flavored vegan cheese instead of dairy.

Read: One Potato: A Counting Book of Potato Prints by Diana Pomeroy
Make: Potato Prints
Do: Grow a Potato plant

4 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

I've never thought of putting mashed potatoes in a taco.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

wow, i've never heard of potatoe tacos before! might have to try these!

6:28 AM  
Blogger Harmonia said...

Looks great!

Midweek Munchies is a brand new Weekly Meme that a bunch of us veggies do. We list what we bought that week, you can post pictures of your shopping adventures, any dishes you made, any questions you have and want to ask your viewers, etc. It’s all about fun and connecting with other female veggies! We usually do it on Wednesdays but you could post on Tuesday or Thursday even. Let me know if you want to be a regular! I will link you each week! There is a code available on my blog (it should be within my links section) but if you don't want to use the code you can simply post your list, tell about the program and link back!

I just posted my weekend flog, a treat I picked up, and my 3 to free I do at the beginning of the week for stress relief.

Hope to see you soon!

6:50 AM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

Here in Idaho, we put potatoes in EVERYTHING!! LOL! They were inspired by a little place in CA called Tacos Villa Corona!

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home