Vegetarian Family

A Peek @ Food We Eat & Things We Do!

Friday, March 03, 2006

***Meatloaf Finger-Sandwiches

We think cold boca burgers taste a lot like meatloaf sandwiches, and are even better the day after. We usually cook up some extra burgers, prepare them the way we like (cheese, mustard, ketchup, & pickles) and put them in baggies for the next day. Today we had some on hand from last night's dinner, so we served meatloaf sandwiches for lunch today. We cut them into little triangles, which makes a big difference to a toddler! Then, rounded it out with some peas. Ta Da -- lunch in 5 minutes!
Side note: We take meatloaf sandwiches with us when we travel in the car. We cook them the night before we leave...they keep really well even without a cooler...and we've found them handy to have because it can be tough to get vegetarian food out there.


Read: Little Pea by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
Sing: Five Fat Peas (a counting fingerplay)

7 Comments:

Blogger Harmonia said...

Your blog is delightful! Thanks for visiting and commenting on mine. I will make sure I link you today and visit often. You have some great ideas and info here! I love it!

10:49 AM  
Blogger Luna said...

Hi again Vicky!Next time I'll read all comments before answering!So, you saw the Tuscan face of Italy.Tuscan nature is amazing, but I prefer Rome and the South of Italy, I'm sure you would love it too.We can say that I'm not that far from Venice, actually I'm a student of "Ca' Foscari" University in Venice!Well, i'm enrolled to Venice Univ. but i'm not living there nor attending courses - it will be difficolt since my husband and I are living and working rather far from there!so i go to Venice the day of the exams, that's all!By the way, I'm studying...well,maybe it could be Literature or Arts or Classics , i'm not sure what will be the exact equivalent in the american system...thank you for the link you gave me, it's interesting!I was also looking for "practical" stuff, like, costs, organization(number of subjects, period for exams and the way they are made, how many years for a degree ...) do you know where i can find this kind of information?Thank you again and i hope you have a great and sunny day !lulu

3:29 AM  
Blogger Luna said...

Wow has my comment disappeared?I'm not sure, but maybe :-( Ok,if it is so, I'll write it again, in the meanwhile, did I tell you I'm a vegetarian too?
:-)
Have a nice day

3:35 AM  
Blogger Dreena said...

Great idea! We like the Amy's California burgers too, and so if I have extras, I mash them with a little Nayonnaise or other condiments, and spread it on bread then add veggies, etc, for a quick sandwich that is quite filling. Funny how kids love their sandwiches cut in certain ways - rectangles, triangles, circles... and, no crusts please! :)

7:19 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

I never knew Boca burgers traveled well--I'll have to try that.

btw, I love your blog!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Catherine Weber said...

"Little Pea" is my new favorite children's book -- the kids in my class LOVED it, and roared with laughter at the end. Especially the line, "and they all lived hap-pea-ly ever after."

6:39 PM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

Luna, I didn't know you're vegetarian! Thanks for stopping by.

Dreena, awesome tip with the extra veg burger! Kids crack me up -- how old is yours?

Too cute, Catherine. :o)

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home