Vegetarian Family

A Peek @ Food We Eat & Things We Do!

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Oatmeal with Flax

So my plan was to buy some flax seeds and begin making fabulous meals incorporating them. I set out to the Co-op with a mission to find them or some linseed oil. The flaw in my plan was that I took my girls shopping with me. My 3 and 1 year old began their "I don't want to go shopping" antics (grabbing anything that they saw, arguing with eachother, screaming, hair pulling, back arching, etc.) You get the picture...I could not think straight let alone search out some little, itty-bitty seeds. So this is what I found instead to satisfy my flax desires. Look, it's organic oatmeal and 2 of the 4 varieties contain flax seeds! I'm eating a bowl of the "flax 'n oats" right now! I added some organic blueberries and golden raisins to sweeten it up a bit and let me tell you, it's delicious! The oatmeal is made by Nature's Path.

4 Comments:

Blogger Harmonia said...

What's linseed oil? This brand looks interesting! Haven't seen it myself...is it vegan? jw

12:58 PM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

Linseed oil is derived from flax seeds. Yes, it is vegan, and I was surprised to find this at Costco...it's made by a company out of Canada.

6:23 PM  
Blogger Harmonia said...

Oh! I see! What would you use it for or add it to, I wonder?

10:00 AM  
Blogger Flo @ Yielded Heart said...

I just have to share my new favorite oatmeal. It's just the regular rolled oats that I keep buying in bulk, with a mashed banana and frozen blueberries. There you have it- yummy purple oatmeal!
My oldest dd likes the (raspberry) one from Vive Le Vegan.

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home