Vegetarian Family

A Peek @ Food We Eat & Things We Do!

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Roasted Root Veggies

We loved these veggies. I served them with a Morning Star 9-Bean Loaf and topped it all with mushroom gravy. This is a modified recipe inspired by Meatout Mondays.

Ingredients:

2 large onion, quartered
5 large Yukon Gold potatoes, quartered
2 large sweet potatoes, cut into 2" pieces
5 large carrots, cut into 2" pieces
5 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp. olive oil
2 Tbs. dried dill weed (or rosemary, basil, curry)
1 tsp. sea salt

Directions:

  1. Toss cut vegetables, garlic, oil, dill, and salt in a bowl.
  2. Transfer to baking sheet and roast in a 450° oven for 50 minutes, or until the vegetables are not hard, and have browned.
  3. During the last 30 minutes of roasting, toss vegetables every 10 minutes to ensure they do not burn on any one side.

3 Comments:

Blogger ~SugarBear~ said...

I've been trying to reduce the meat my family eats with the goal of being meat-free in about 6 - 8 months. I looked over the last couple of posts & they look wonderful! I can't wait to try them out. Thanks so much.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Masago said...

I made something like this Friday night. It was very good. I like your idea of dill...I'll try that next time. Today I took the left-overs and made a nice soup.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Lisa Kocanda said...

By any chance do you have a recipe for the 9 bean loaf since MS no longer makes it

6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home