Vegetarian Family

A Peek @ Food We Eat & Things We Do!

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Counting Soup

This photo shows us ready to mix together our 'Counting Soup' from Salad People by Mollie Katzen. Our ingredient line-up strayed slightly from the cookbook. In the white bowls there is cooked alphabet noodles with edamame, a bowl of broccoli, fresh corn cut off the cobb, and vegetable broth. The container holding the broth is one of the best garage sale items I've found. It sits on the stove and warms up liquid that you'll want to pour -- like syrup & sauces. Liv is hanging around in the background wondering when we're going to finish Mr. Pumpkin. You'll have to wait until tomorrow to see how he turned out!



Like many meals around here, Abigail was all over it while Olivia wasn't interested at all.















Here's the gift certificate I won from Urban Vegan's tART contest. I shopped the PETA magazine and placed my order today. What did I get? -- you may wonder. I'll let you know as soon as it arrives and I snap a photo. I love the anticipation of waiting for something in the mailbox! Thanks for that, Urban, and also for hosting a fantastically fun event while taking the opportunity to highlight such a compassionate organization.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The food looks good. Love your garage sale find :)

6:37 AM  
Blogger Harmonia said...

I will have to look for that book...I like Mollie's stuff! I have bloglines now so I hope to be around more and more organized! Sorry!!!!

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your kids are just so photogenic. Love the little face peeking over the counter (and such a lovely red counter, i might add). Totally 100 percent adorable.

Can't wait to see what you ordered from the PeTA catalog, Vicki!!

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cant wait to see what you order, so much fun! love the pumpkin!

when you do your pepitas and want to eat it you eat it taking out of the shell or like that?
thanks!

6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home