Vegetarian Family

A Peek @ Food We Eat & Things We Do!

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Goodies Waiting @ Home

When we got home, I was thrilled that I had a package waiting for me from Leslie of Eat Peace Please. Just look at the beauty of this necklace & bracelet, and they are even prettier in person. Each stone is beautiful, artfully placed, and of the highest quality that can only come from being carefully hand-made. She has lots of gorgeous pieces to choose from, and maybe one would be perfect for you. Dreena also scored a Leslie original, which you can see here. I also got this organic lavender & flax aromatherapy pillow from her, which is divine. I adore it all! Thanks Leslie! :o)

I won this cookbook on ebay, and it was also waiting for me when we returned. I became interested in Nava Atlas from reading the Vegan Lunch Box. Jennifer has an ad for "The Vegetarian Family Cookbook" also by Nava Atlas, and she says that really most recipes are vegan & raves about how awesome they are. After thumbing through the cookbook, I see that this cookbook is essentially vegan also with little or no modification. Anybody have this cookbook? Summer soup titles include: 'Cream of Green Pea & Cucumber Soup' & 'Zesty Green Gazpacho'. She even has an "Accompaniments" chapter with all sorts of delectable bread recipes. Can't wait to dig in.

10 Comments:

Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

i am a total soup lover. i do not know why i don't make some more often...pelase tell me what you think of this book!

and what great gifts to come home to!!!

9:37 AM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Congrats on the eBay score. That book looks great!!! I am a soup aficionado.

Leslie is incredibly gifted, is she not? That necklace is GORGEOUS!!!!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Dreena said...

Oh, that necklace is a beauty! (well, so are you, what a lovely match!) :)

Leslie is SO talented, I can't wait for her website to go up, and I am keen on getting another necklace from her. She has an eye for selecting and placing stones in stunning pieces.

btw, I think it is the coolest that you and Kleo got to hook up and chat, and that you 'clicked'. How memorable and fun!

10:35 AM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

WOOT! What a great necklace & Bracelet. They look great on, too.

Welcome home.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Eat Peace Please said...

Ok, so I have to be the 5th to comment!? Oops.

Vicki, this is a wonderful post and I thank you and really appreciate you showing off the jewelry and pillow. It really looks great on you and that shirt's a great color (so will brown and green too).

Thanks to everyone else who commented about it too. It really makes me feel good.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Dr. Melissa West said...

How can I get some of Leslie's jewellry?

I love getting goodies in the mail. The soup cook book sounds great. Can't wait to for you to start cooking!

6:28 PM  
Blogger Eat Peace Please said...

Dragonslayer and anyone else, You can either email me (do that by first sending me your email to my comments, and I moderate them so I won't post it) and then I'll email you. You can look at the link and see if there is anything you like from what is posted, otherwise we can discuss what you may like via email and I will send more photos to your liking. Thanks for your interest.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

that necklace ROCKS!

i also love Nava Atlas... i don't have this book, but i do have hte Vegetarian Family one.. i agree, most of her recipes are vegan with little to no mods.

is her 3 Sisters Stew in this book? 'cause it's awesome!

5:48 AM  
Blogger funwithyourfood said...

welcome home and what a great surprise to come home to!

Teddy

7:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello! I sometimes check the incoming links on my blog, and there yours was. I clicked on it and saw your comments on my soups book. I have a new edition coming out in September. Same title, but with 20 new recipes and completely veganized!

I would love to send you, and any and all vegan bloggers a review copy of the new edition. Please e-mail me at nava@vegkitchen.com with your address and I'll put you on my reviewers list.

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home