Vegetarian Family

A Peek @ Food We Eat & Things We Do!

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Untitled

I'm rockin' an "old" photo of Kleo and I because she rocked my world today. Here's the text message she sent:

"hi Art n Vicki! On 3rd day of vaca in NoCal and Peter n i just got out of local screening of An I. Truth. Amazing. Hope U are healthy n happy..."

I'm speechless at how much this means to me -- even though she's the kind of person who would have seen the movie anyway -- she knows how much it means to me. There's nothing like blogging friends. A group of like-minded people pulled together across space and time because of same passions. I love ya, KleoPatra -- and the rest of you!

Appropriately, this is the BIZARRO cartoon today. Appropriate because Kleo is a HUGE fan of Dan Piraro, and also because it sheds light on the Inconvenient Truth. I'm not as good at posting cartoons as Kleo -- here's what it says:

Daddy Polar Bear: "Someday, Son, this will all be yours." (next bubble) "Of course, it will all be liquid and you'll be in a zoo somewhere, but still."

Enjoy your vacation, Kleo....& hurry back to blogland.

I'm throwing this photo in for Susana over at Mama's Village because she loves seeing beautiful art. This is a statue of Anne Frank at our Human Rights Memorial. In Anne's words:

"How lovely to think that no one need wait a moment, we can start now, start slowly changing the world!"

Anne M. Frank
March 26, 1944

12 Comments:

Blogger village mama said...

What a cool pic of you and Kleo on the beach.

You are such a doll Vicki! Thank you for taking the time to gift me with the picture & quote (blush, gush ). You are so fortunate to have such an inspiring statue of Anne Frank near your home.

6:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's such a great pic of you and Kleo (and Mattie).

The Chickpea Pasta Sauce in your previous post looks so good!!!!

7:33 AM  
Blogger Harmonia said...

Kleo is great, isn't she!? You're so lucky to have spent time with her!

8:28 AM  
Blogger Catherine Weber said...

Vicki, I haven't been to your blog in WAY too long! I love the photo of Abi helping organize the tupperware drawer . . . !!

How have you survived this long without a blender!?!?!??? I use mine for lots of things -- well, now that I have a stick blender, I use mine for lots more things than I ever used to. :) I also over-blenderize probably because I don't own a food processor. Still! So glad you are enjoying the smoothies.

9:54 AM  
Blogger meesh said...

Looks like you guys had a beautiful day at the beach. I love the t-shirt! "Vegetarians taste better" LOL. Cute.
I just love getting to conect with other veggie types through the internet like this. It's amazing how reassuring it is to be able to log on to my computer and "meet" other folks who get the whole veggie thing. I wish I could just have you all over for dinner. :)

11:29 AM  
Blogger Eat Peace Please said...

This is great Vicki! I love that quote and statue of Anne Frank. So appropriate, you should put that on your world warming blog too.

I'm with you, I love the fact that we "blogging friends" can come together based on certain passions and interests and makes me feel good to know that there are so many other people like you and the other bloggers we chat with daily who can come together through this craziness of the internet and open up our lives so much. For me, one of my favorite parts about blogging (well food blogging too) is that I've learned so much and so many little details about different parts of the country and world and it is so much more personal via blogs. It makes me feel more connected in a bigger sense than just the local community (I actually like many of all of you better!).

12:15 PM  
Blogger funwithyourfood said...

Hey I really wanted to say THANK YOU for sending cara a nice comment. The puppy still can't come home and she's really upset. I'm sure you helped brighten her day! THANK YOOUU! :)

Teddy

12:18 PM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

That's such a great picture of you and Kleo. She is one special and uber thoughtful person for sure. Love the cartoon and the memorial statue as well.

1:58 PM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

Kleo is so great that you can feel her good vibes right thru the keyboard.

And so R U Vicki.

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post, thank you and so true. Kleo is a terrific person, I can tell even via Blogland, you are fortunate to know her so well.

Huggs, G

7:23 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Vicki, thank you for answering me back with two great text messages (which i have locked in my phone!)

"Kleo!peter!you 2 rock! Happy vacation thanx 4 tellin me fun n no cal"

and then

"Ps art ate@sipz again ordered 2 meals!"

i loved gettin' those.

Had a great trip and the
movie was a certain highlight. I'll blog about it soon. Thank you for giving so many of us the impetus to get out there and watch a movie with such an important messages... many important messages actually.

And as for Anne Frank... a great quote. I could go on and on about her and what she stands for...

Thanks for thinkin' of me and also for the Bizarro 'toon. How apropos!

*HUGS*

Thanks for being you...

12:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! Tricyclic type of antidepressant home based business Cosmetics in titusville fl florida For sale porsche 904 call center Profit sharing 401k Glycine watches sale Fish oil dietary supplement http://www.consumer-report-clothes-washers-recommmended.info spam filter Wbr formal maternity dress Humorous t-shirts Cadillac village of norwood ma http://www.payday-loan-online-9.info celexa price black dating buspirone Aotomomile parts nissan tamiflu Nude anal erotic art

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home