Vegetarian Family

A Peek @ Food We Eat & Things We Do!

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Midweek Munchies + Farmer's Market = Good Food

Harmonias Midweek Munchies Meme
A Veg*n Meme

What wonderful foods did you bring home from the grocery store?
Midweek Munchies: What Vicki is contributing for the week:

Peaceful Belly is my favorite vendor at our local Farmer's Market.

This is why. Just look at this organic swiss chard, kale, carrots, radishes, & onions! The nice guy appologized that there was no lettuce on the table because some deer raided the garden the night before! Lucky deer.

Here's my Co-op run. (list is below) The Peaceful Belly also sells their produce here. If you're in town, you should definately drop in because they have a great deli, restaurant across the parking lot, health/beauty section, food & wine selection -- plus, it's our one & only hippie store. You'd feel right at home. :o)

I was excited to pick these braggs up while we were in California at Mother's Market.

THE LIST
* = organic

Fridge:
*Vanilla Silk
*Chocolate Silk
Willow Run Soy Margarine
*Earth Balance
*Miso (sweet white)
*Tempeh

Non-Fridge:
Nutritional Yeast
*Muir Glen Ketchup
*Muir Glen Tomato Paste
Nature's Gate 'Herbal Cream de Mint'
*Bragg's Applecider Vinegar
*Bragg's Liquid Aminos
*Imagine Vegetable Broth
*Woodstock Farms Dijon Mustard


Links to other Midweek Munchies
(If you participate, leave your link in the comments and I'll post it below; or, you can post in the comments)

Click here for the Midweek Munchies code
Click here for Harmonia's blog

Trackbacks, pings, and comment links are accepted and encouraged!
Technorati Tag:

A special thanks to Running2Ks and Rift for all of their help with coding, graphics, and encouragement for this project.

PURPOSE of Midweek Munchies: Put together by a small group of Veg Women, we hope to spread the word about healthy vegetarianism while obtaining idea starters for meals, recipes, learn about new products, and meet other female veg*n bloggers. Visiting and commenting on other participants lists are encouraged but not required. Have fun and Go Veg!

12 Comments:

Blogger Luna said...

mmm, i love tempeh, with orange juice and roasted sunflower seeds :-)
Vicki, do you or your kids take B12 vitamin supplement?(i'm the only vegetarian in my family so it's hard to always fight battles :-) what about when you were pregnant?

2:43 AM  
Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

That is my favorite brand of tempeh and I'm glad you got some Bragg's! I stopped by our downtown Farmer's market for white and lemon cucumbers yesterday myself. Look forward to seeing what you make as always~

8:43 AM  
Blogger Harmonia said...

I edited my post about 8-ball squash...with more info and pics! Hope this helps.

Great m.f pics! I really must get to mine this weekend!!!

I hope to do a rough MwM later today...can't remember everything I have bought!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

I love Braggs. i alwasy put a big fat squirt in any hummus-type dish i make and it makes a HUGE difference...a tasty huge difference...

11:12 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Looks like a good haul! I have yet to use miso - what do you use it for?

-Crystal

11:17 AM  
Blogger funwithyourfood said...

I've seen alot about braggs lately. i think i'll need to pick some up tonight when i do my shopping

teddy

11:37 AM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

GREAT munchies... and you know i *heart* Bragg's...

I smiled about the deer raiding the garden. Go deer go!

What is Nature's Gate 'Herbal Cream de Mint'? Is that toothpaste?!

Good stuff, Vicki!!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Eat Peace Please said...

Great list. I use the NG creme de peppermint toothpaste and I like it. I started using it after your toothpaste post with your daughter.

The braggs is great, and apple cider is so healthy in the first place, let alone the liquid aminos. Good purchase. I'm also very jealous of that pretty looking produce. It looks amazing.

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish you could come to my house and fill my fridge! I desperately need to shop.

1:31 PM  
Blogger MeloMeals said...

That produce is gorgeous.. wow!

3:16 PM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

Peaceful Belly. What a great name. Thanks for letting us peek into your shopping basket.

7:45 PM  
Blogger kaivegan said...

Great list, Vicki!

Though I have to be honest and say that I like the 2nd photo much better than the 3rd. I would call it the "ideal MwM!"

And speaking of Braggs, I won't get any other kind/brand than that apple cider vinegar.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home