Vegetarian Family

A Peek @ Food We Eat & Things We Do!

Monday, April 24, 2006

Music Trumps Garden

Looks like our garden spot will be on hold for at least another week. I was hoping, and Art was planning on finishing the raised garden bed this past weekend, but he is simply too busy to get to it. In the mean time, I'm planning some activities for the girls and I to prepare for the garden from Meg Herd's book, Learn And Play In The Garden. Beginning with an outline of our garden plan, and plant labels. Here is a picture of the plants that are waiting for a little garden home: 2 anaheim peppers, 2 red bell peppers, 3 sugar snap peas, 1 tomato & 1 strawberry plant.

What is Art up to that he can't pick up the shovel and make a bed for those beautiful little plants you may ask yourself... This is what Art has been doing for the past couple weekends -- preparing for his 2 upcoming performances. He is programming beats, spinning albums, scratching CD's, turning a bunch of knobs & pushing buttons. Just now, he walked in the room to check on me and says "I'm downstairs just practicing my stuff."




He will be performing Friday the 28th @ 7:10 pm for a 45 minute gig, and again Saturday the 29th @ 3:15. Even though I've seen his show numberous times, I'm hoping to get a babysitter so that I can go watch his contribution to
The Boise Experimental Music Festival live.




12 Comments:

Blogger Catherine Weber said...

Vicki, I'd sit for you in a heartbeat, but the commute's a little much. :)

Good luck to Art, and to finding a sitter, and to planting your garden next week, maybe?

5:35 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Vicki, beautiful fleurs!!! Tres bien! (and that is all for French from moi!)

I wish you could've been at Balboa Park yesterday. It was just as you remember it to be on one of its nicest days...

btw, my oldest sister lived in Idaho for about 10 years... Boise, Pocatello and Coeur d'Alene... I've been to Pocatello and loved it!

Thanks for your nice post here and also at my blog!

9:52 PM  
Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Man I want to come to that festival! I need to shop my boyfriend this post, he his own music studio room in the apartment, it's rad.

11:15 PM  
Blogger Dori said...

Nice basket of garden greens. My green pix from last weekend are still in the camera. The festival sounds fun!

I ordered a 5# bag of quinoa that I will pick up on Thursday. I am looking forward to trying some spring salad. Other than as a flour for baking I haven't experimented much with quinoa, but I know it's mega nutritous!

I think you questioned a cold frame in a comment I had below. A cold frame is a box designed for plants that I have started on my own to "harden off" before putting then in the garden. It can be covered in case the weather gets to cold to protect the unplanted baby greens, but if not uncovered quick enough it gets to hot under the plastic cover and will "fry" the little plants quickly.

5:21 AM  
Blogger Harmonia said...

Nifty pics! I will have to check out Vicki's site!!!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

Hi Catherine: You're a doll to offer to babysit! But it would definately tip your resolution scale and you'd be up to 5 planets or more & we can't have that. Thanks for the well wishes! I'll let you know how it goes.

Hi Kleopatra: Merci, j'adore fleurs! Interesting that your sister lived in Idaho...we live in Boise, and haven't been to Coeur d'Alene, though I hear it's very beautiful with the lakes & all. You say you loved Pocatello?!

Hi Jess: Thanks for dropping by. What's your boyfriend's music interest?

Hi Dori: Yeaah, you're going to make the spring salad?! Enjoy. Is that cold frame box your own design? Sounds like a great way to give your plants a head start.

Hi Harmonia: Glad you like the pics - taking photographs is an obsession of mine. I haven't touched my website in years...I came across the little button & thought what the heck, put it up.

9:47 PM  
Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

My boyfriend's music interest is in 'sequencing computer music'..his favorite genres these days are funk, jazz and space rock~

10:49 PM  
Blogger turquoise cro said...

WAAAAAAA! I really want to come to seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Art do his thing! Poopy! If only I could be a jet-setter, wish me luck! I'm going to play the lottery Saturday night and maybe the next time he plays, guess who will be in the audience groovin' to the beat! LOL

11:59 PM  
Blogger turquoise cro said...

I was also wonderin about that garden and the chicken wire fence????!!!

12:00 AM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

Hi Jess: That is so great! ARt has always had a home studio & it is so fun for me to hear what's going on. You can check him @: http://myspace.com/arthodge

Hi Turquoise CRO: My fingers & toes are crossed for you winning the lottery! I think it'd be so great to see you...& I'd have someone to dance with! Art has a special plan to keep the critters out of the garden -- I found a design in Sunset magazine...

7:35 AM  
Blogger turquoise cro said...

Did you get that baby-sitter yet???!!! Can't wait to seeeeeeeee how you do the garden soooo the varmits won't get those yummy veggies!!!

8:56 PM  
Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

thanks for the link!!!

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home