Vegetarian Family

A Peek @ Food We Eat & Things We Do!

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Midweek Munchies

Harmonias Midweek Munchies Meme
A Veg*n Meme

What wonderful foods did you bring home from the grocery store?

Midweek Munchies: What VICKI is contributing for the week

Produce:
*garnet yams
yellow onion
*green leaf lettuce
*russet potatoes
jalapeno peppers
*green bell peppers
*mangoes
*limes
bananas
*pink lady apples

Other:
*2 cans cannellini beans
2 packs tofu pups
2 packages Ezekiel pocket bread
*maple syrup (we really go through this stuff, eh)
Silk
*spelt flour
*agave nectar (bigger container this time)
*shredded coconut
*red lentils
ground cardamon (first time buying this spice!)


I got it! It arrived in the mail yesterday, so last night I went to bed with "Vegan with a Vengeance" ~ I'm going to try some of the recipes on my friends tonight. Isa has a delightful writing style ~ it's hip, it's punk, it's high energy, and it's darn fun to read!


Links to other Midweek Munchies

(If you participate, leave your link in the comments and I'll post it below; or, you can post in the comments)

Click here for the Midweek Munchies code
Click here for Harmonia's blog

Trackbacks, pings, and comment links are accepted and encouraged!
Technorati Tag:

A special thanks to Running2Ks and Rift for all of their help with coding, graphics, and encouragement for this project.

PURPOSE of Midweek Munchies: Put together by a small group of Veg Women, we hope to spread the word about healthy vegetarianism while obtaining idea starters for meals, recipes, learn about new products, and meet other female veg*n bloggers. Visiting and commenting on other participants lists are encouraged but not required. Have fun and Go Veg!

9 Comments:

Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

your pansies are in th way of the words!!

fix it! i can't see!

8:28 AM  
Blogger kaivegan said...

Hi, Vicki.

This comment is being sent to everyone on my bloglist or those that link to me, that I know of:

My blog got hijacked yesterday. (How, I don't know.) Please delete that from your list or you could change it to

http://kaivegan.com

where a new blog is housed.

Thanks and apologies for the inconvenience.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

tanya kristine ~ anybody: are my pansies still in the way?! it's kinda like when you have food in your teeth & you don't know it & nobody tells ya... thanks for letting me know tk, but i didn't fix anything, & i don't see the problem... do i still need to floss? :o)

hi kai: i changed your link. no inconvenience to me, especially in comparison to you! <3 i'm just glad you are back.

9:36 AM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

It all looks gooooood to me, Vicki. The words, the pansies, the maples syrup and agave nectar (my fave sweeteners!).

I must be out of it 'cause first i heard of Ezekiel buns and now i see you've got Ezekiel pocket bread. What am i doing at the store? All right, i must be blind or ditzy or both to not be able to find these myriad other Ezekiel items.

How was it going to sleep with Isa (her book, that is!)? I haven't yet gotten the book but the way you describe it, it sounds to me that i really need to

9:50 AM  
Blogger funwithyourfood said...

My first EVER MwM is up! : )

Love the coconut.. hmm now i want to go back to the store

Teddy

7:33 PM  
Blogger Catherine Weber said...

hey, spelt flour! what's the plan, stan?

8:25 PM  
Blogger Eat Peace Please said...

This looks like part of my pantry! Good call on the 23 oz agave (I just found 25oz for $4, best deal I've found around here). Are you making spelt pancakes with syrup?

10:34 PM  
Blogger kaivegan said...

Vicki, thanks.

You also go to bed with cookbooks? Hmmm... we should really organize a vege blogger potluck. "have a recipe...will travel."

Have you ever checked out the bulk spice section at your store, if there's one? It's a lot of fun, and I like how you only get what you want.

6:14 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

oh good, you got it! i have a few more recipes i'm dying to try as soon as im' done my fast.

i take my bokos to bed too. makes me look forward to bed time!

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home