Vegetarian Family

A Peek @ Food We Eat & Things We Do!

Thursday, August 31, 2006

The Fair

Hello from the Fair! Come along....













Liv did this one twice -- with dad and with mom. I couldn't help but audibly catch my breath at the top -- each time loosing my stomach. "Mommy yawned" is how Liv described it. My invincible Mommy legend lives on -- she was thinking that I was about to fall asleep! :o) "Yes, darling, mommy is just bored looking down on all the little people inside this rickety ol' rust bucket!"




Abi got in on the Merry-Go-Round and LOVED it. She waved to Art like a parade queen each time around. I'm the dizzy one in the middle.










Abi and I took a photo of them from our elephant. More of the around & around and up & down.











What? You're kidding, I didn't I tell you that I had a twin? Here she is on the Urban Cowboy bull. She said that this is something she's always wanted to do for some unexplainable reason, and just wanted to check it off the list since there was nobody around to laugh. The shadow of a man handed me...err, uh, handed my sister a glove and said, "A beginner, OK then, I'll just operate her at a 9 instead of a 10." Comforting, sir.




I'm not an exhibitionist, but I am the spontaneous type. Example: Once, long ago, I was out on a double date and we were around a pool -- we all got to talking about how much fun it'd be to just jump in the pool and swim. We all counted to three, and the only one who got wet was me -- hair and all. It was sorta like that with the bull (only I was sober). I'm not sorry I did it, because it was a fun challenge. But, I don't like real rodeos -- at all. And I didn't notice then, but look at the nasty leather on the cow. Ick, Nasty, Horrible. So yeah, for some odd reason I wanted to try, even though I am against all that it stands for. Doesn't make sense, and I figure this'll probably offend somebody...somewhere. I don't mean to - it's just the way the day unfolded.



Guess what she won for picking a duck out of the pond? A DUCK of course.











Aren't these guys adorable? It tickles when they lick the grain from your hand. They look so happy and clean -- just how I want my young girls to think it oughta be. Where do the goats and all the other animals go after the fair?








This whipper-snapper tried to eat Abi's hat. Think I'm kidding? Just look at that goat expression.











We saw, and interacted with lots of wonderful animals -- cows, horses, chickens, sheep, pigs, roosters -- but I only have photos of the goats. We especially enjoyed them.







10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so looks like you have lots of fun there, thanks for posting the photos, my family enjoy it!

10:29 AM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Love the fair photos, Vicki! You all look so happy. Even you on that bull. Whoa there!! Ride 'em, cowgirl! Your girls look like they're having a great time, and so do you and Art. What a fun day for you.

As for the animals at the fair... not sure about the ones you show but ours in SD get bought by and sold to bidders at auctions... the goats, cows, sheep, etc., raised by the 4-H kids and those types are raised specifically for that reason - at least that's what i am pretty sure happens here. I can't visit the animals when i go to the fair because of their fate... it's too hard on me!

But not to cast a sadness about your photos or your day. They ARE cute animals! And the rides look like they were a lot of fun for the girls. I used to love the rides at fairs when i was younger! I still do love rides!!

Looks like it was a lovely day, too. Blue sky, some clouds. Gorgeous!

11:17 AM  
Blogger theONLYtania said...

The girls are so cuuute! And hey I'm wondering, what was the outcome of the bull ride? Did it throw you.. I mean your sister? Haha. I love petting zoos as long as the animals are well taken care of like that!

And hey about the cookies.. I know I can put them in a container like that.. but how do I send THAT? Do I have to put it in a box or something? Like.. a mail box? I'm stupid. Hey.. I like to experiment with cookies (like the papaya) so if you're a willing victim you could shoot me an email with your address and I can send some creations over hehe.

12:15 PM  
Blogger meesh said...

Those pics are wonderful! Thank you for sharing. :)
I love the little goats too. Whenever I'm at a fair, I head straight for the petting zoo. Partially to pet the critters and partially to check on their condition and overall welfare. I met a gang of very well fed goats at (of all places) the SoCal Rennasiance Faire last year. Got a great pic of me running like mad with a gang of hoofed maniacs close behind. Ah, the fair.

I think the mechanical bull thing is ok. Yes, it would be better if it were covered in pleather or vinyl or something. But I figure, it's way better to have drunken guys fall off the mechanical bull at the local watering hole than to ride the real thing at a rodeo. Poor bulls.

Thanks for sharing such lovely pics of your outing!

2:36 PM  
Blogger funwithyourfood said...

you rode the "bull"!
That's impressive. Visiting the animals at the fair is my favorite and least favorite thing at the same time. Mostly because the animals I play with will most likely end up on someone's plate :P

teddy

6:52 PM  
Blogger Candi said...

LOL! You look So adorable riding the bull! Actually, your sister... :P She looks like a pro! And hey, I think it was pleather on there.

Your beautiful children look like they had a great time!! What fun photos you have. I love the goat looking at your daughter's hat!! LOL!

2:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved all the photos. The one cidermill we go to has goats you can feed. Rob always laughs because I'm the oldest person without children feeding the goats! LOL

12:05 PM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

(tania) I know I can put them in a container like that.. but how do I send THAT? Do I have to put it in a box or something? Like.. a mail box?

then, i'd wrap the container in plain paper (like a grocery bag), tape it up, and send -- sorta like a poster package. good luck!

ps -- the bull didn't throw my sister -- he was only operating at a 9!! *wink*

4:02 PM  
Blogger Catherine Weber said...

I heart goats. They are super-cute and cuddly and really smart! Yay for goats!

2:36 PM  
Blogger turquoise cro said...

Goats eat anything and everything! LOL The lil' gals looked like they had FUN at the fair! Glad that goat didn't take a bite out of Abi's hat! lol Yayyyy! for fairs! I LOVE to ride rides! XO

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home