Vegetarian Family

A Peek @ Food We Eat & Things We Do!

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Dijon Mustard Brussels Sprouts

I had some brussels sprouts on hand and wanted to cook them differently, so I thumbed through a couple cookbooks and I found this one in La Dolce Vegan! by Sarah Kramer. It was easy, quick, & deliciously different. I trimmed the ends & cut the brussels sprouts in half and put them in my rice/veggie steamer for about 6 minutes. While the brussels sprouts were cooking, I sauted organic Walla Walla sweet onions with Dijon Mustard in some sesame oil. Then added the brussels sprouts, seasoned them with sea salt, and served with pasta. Brussels Sprouts are rich in vitamins K & C.

4 Comments:

Blogger Eat Peace Please said...

I'll have to try this way. I only had sprouts once (posted about it early back, Jan?) and it was Shmoo's recipe. I didn't care for them prepared that way but I'm willing to keep trying.

8:50 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

If i could only get past their smell... I dig dijon mustard...

10:08 PM  
Blogger Luna said...

hello viki!how i'd like to have the time to cook somthing good!but i'm in a rush,so i come over here and pretend ;-)what's your recipe for guacamole?
I love hummus, my husband sometimes make it and and i have to say he is an expert,he uses chickpeas, tahina, olive oil, garlic, yoghurt and lemon juice,served with "arab" bread or "piadina"(italian bread like pita i believe...i'll check for the english word later)...i'd like to make guacamole, i've only eated it in mexican rest. or made by cuban friends but i've never tried doing it by myself!have a nice day!

9:58 AM  
Blogger Carrieā„¢ said...

I was never a fan of brussels sprouts, but I find my tastes keep changing, so I might give them another try. I saw this recipe in LDV and thought I might like it. Thanks for the review.

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home