Vegetarian Family

A Peek @ Food We Eat & Things We Do!

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Creamy Hummus

There are some dishes I can make without a recipe -- one is guacamole and another is hummus. I've made hummus countless times and enjoy experimenting with different flavors. Recently, I bought Tahini for the first time and decided to follow Dreena's recipe from Vive le Vegan! for hummus since I had all the supplies on hand.






I didn't have as much lemon as I would have liked, so I substituted Lemon Essence Perrier for the water and think that the bubbly made it light & fluffy.

The hummus was super delicious! The whole family liked it. The next day, it was even more tasty, so I put some hummus on black bread and used my new Cut-N-Seal to make little pocket sandwiches.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dori said...

Your sandwich press is neat. I used to have a little electric grill that did triangular pocket sandwiches when the kids were little. They loved fingery things like that.

Nice ... fiesta ware?!

12:16 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

That was clever and cool, using lemon Perrier for the water and lemon.

I also like the little cut-n-seal sandwiches. CUTIES!

I'm big on hummus. I have gotten it fresh in Los Angeles before from this one Middle Eastern place, I can't remember where, but it was the best I ever had...

6:55 PM  
Blogger Eat Peace Please said...

Can you please tell me how you were making hummus all these times but just bought tahini for the first time?! Were you only using olive oil or water?

We made the same recipe... check my page.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

hi dori: we got one of those electric triangular pocket sandwich grills for our wedding - ours was reversable to a Belguim Waffle maker. cool gadget - wonder if we still have it? that's one of my fiesta ware cups.

hi kleopatra: thanks! i miss that about LA - great restaurants & stores - there's anything/everything under the sun.

hi leslie: until now, i'd make hummus with olive oil. i'll go check out your version of it now!

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home