Vegetarian Family

A Peek @ Food We Eat & Things We Do!

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Tagged & Broken

I was tagged by Isil @ Veggie Way to offer up my 5 favorite foods for a project started by Melissa @ The Traveler's Lunchbox.
Here are 5 Foods to live for -- it was really tough deciding, and I can't believe cherries and corn didn't make the list...

1. Potatoes -- baked, twice-baked, boiled, fried, mashed, scalloped (I sound like the Forest Gump shrimp dude!) No matter how you slice it, they are such a basic and delicious food, which feeds the masses. And, as you know I'm from Idaho so I'm partial!

2. Tomatoes -- another versatile food - plain with sea salt, pasta sauce, sandwiches, salads, brushetta - it's all so flavorful and good for you too (considered a "wonder food"). Remember, never refrigerate a tomato!

3. Nuts -- Doesn't matter what kind -- almonds, cashews, hazelnuts, Macadamia nuts, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, walnuts -- another "wonder food" that boosts the immune system, lowers cholesterol levels, prevents osteoporosis, and has protein. They go with anything, or on their own.

4. Citrus -- Oranges, Lemons, or Limes -- I can't decide. I've recently discovered the deliciousness of zest! And, don't forget to drink the juice for the Vitamin C.

5. Pizza -- Who doesn't like pizza? And looking out at your blogs, I see that there are as many varieties of pizza as there are people.

A little update on my pretty bowl that everybody seemed to like from the baby shower. It broke. Dad gum it! I splurged several years ago and bought this for my birthday -- and had NEVER used it until the other day. I was saving it for something special, which the shower certainly was.... But I should have been enjoying it all along. I re-learned a lesson. "Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today" "No time like the present" and my father-in-law's favorite "This is not a dress rehearsal" I'm going to try, but I don't think I can fix it.


We are all a little bummed....







9 Comments:

Blogger urban vegan said...

Darn it. It looks so pretty--hope you can mend it. Poor puppy looks so bummed.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Candi said...

Oh nooo! I love that bowl! You can always use it as a decoration instead of a serving bowl now though! It's so pretty.

What an adorable dog! I want to hug him!!

2:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

im sorry is broken, such a beauty bowl, hope you can fix it.

5:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your bummedness Vicki.
It so cool you said "I re-learned a lesson". I had never heard that before from someone else but I say that a lot.
How come we just don't put what we learn into practice and then have to re-learn it over and over again ? LOL

Anyway, I hope you can fix it or find another use for it. It is so pretty and unique.

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your doggie is tooooo cute!!!

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a shame your bowl broke :( That's great advice you posted about using and enjoying what you have. That's what I try to do. I often rotate things in my kitchen and bookcases so I can enjoy it all :)

12:02 PM  
Blogger Shananigans said...

I hate it when any of my nice stuff breaks. Guess it's a good thing not much of my stuff could be classified as "nice". Cute puppy, I think you mentioned once your dog looks a bit like mine, he does!

3:27 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Jolie! Awwwwwwwwwww. That is such a cool photo! She doesn't look *too* bummed but i wouldn't blame her if she was... that was some bowl you had/have (?!) there. Gorgeous! There is no way to fix it?! Oh, Vicki, i'm so sorry about that... i do hope you find a way to "make it all better."

Your food to live for... nice. I'm big on pizza, that is for sure. And potatoes! Oh, the carb-lover that i yam and i yam...

Hope you're having a great weekend. We went to SIPZ on Wednesday night for Peter and Peter's father's b'days (one day apart) and i almost text messaged you from there... Wish you were there!

*HUGS*

11:28 PM  
Blogger Eat Peace Please said...

I had a feeling your #1 would be potatoes! That really sucks about the bowl, especially since you just used it for the first time, years later. Try hot glue if you have some. That seems to fix anything! I really like the "this is not a dress rehearsal" it cracked me up!

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home