Tagged & Broken
I was tagged by Isil @ Veggie Way to offer up my 5 favorite foods for a project started by Melissa @ The Traveler's Lunchbox.
Here are 5 Foods to live for -- it was really tough deciding, and I can't believe cherries and corn didn't make the list...
1. Potatoes -- baked, twice-baked, boiled, fried, mashed, scalloped (I sound like the Forest Gump shrimp dude!) No matter how you slice it, they are such a basic and delicious food, which feeds the masses. And, as you know I'm from Idaho so I'm partial!
2. Tomatoes -- another versatile food - plain with sea salt, pasta sauce, sandwiches, salads, brushetta - it's all so flavorful and good for you too (considered a "wonder food"). Remember, never refrigerate a tomato!
3. Nuts -- Doesn't matter what kind -- almonds, cashews, hazelnuts, Macadamia nuts, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, walnuts -- another "wonder food" that boosts the immune system, lowers cholesterol levels, prevents osteoporosis, and has protein. They go with anything, or on their own.
4. Citrus -- Oranges, Lemons, or Limes -- I can't decide. I've recently discovered the deliciousness of zest! And, don't forget to drink the juice for the Vitamin C.
5. Pizza -- Who doesn't like pizza? And looking out at your blogs, I see that there are as many varieties of pizza as there are people.
A little update on my pretty bowl that everybody seemed to like from the baby shower. It broke. Dad gum it! I splurged several years ago and bought this for my birthday -- and had NEVER used it until the other day. I was saving it for something special, which the shower certainly was.... But I should have been enjoying it all along. I re-learned a lesson. "Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today" "No time like the present" and my father-in-law's favorite "This is not a dress rehearsal" I'm going to try, but I don't think I can fix it.
We are all a little bummed....